ON AIR!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Two Days Off

Ah, two days off.

Nothing quite like some well earned time off. I am just glad it wasn't like last week. One day off is not time off. One day off is poking fun at what freedom from work tastes like, not enough time to fully appreciate the freedom to lay about on your arse secure in the knowledge that no matter how many times you check your watch, you won't have to be behind the bar at 7pm. I love these days.

Monday was quite busy however. Was down at the University of Westminster's Marlyebone campus yesterday discussing Smoke Radio's budget for the year ahead. Luckily we're not getting as little as we initially suspected, but are instead getting more-or-less the same as last year. The problem with last year was the Student Union had a lot of money going out from the department that dealt with Smoke Radio, just no record that it was Smoke Radio the money was going to. This year though, things are changing.

One of the noticeable things about the new committee management structure is that a head of the Station is far easier to reach. So far I think it is fair to say I have been the only one who has been in London all of the Summer. Sam Impey has had work at her radio station back home. Phil Harris has been working in Bristol and is now in Australia. Chris Chilvers is current on holiday - somewhere I forget. Pete was away in the Isle of Wight briefly and has plans to go to the Canaries at the end of the month. Steven is in Edinburgh. Landers is busy. And then muggins here can't afford to be anywhere else really at the moment.

This is why I have to treasure the time off I get. To take the time to get the about-the-house jobs done, to play video games, write blog entries, discuss issues on forums, lounge in the sun, go shopping, see films. All the stuff I enjoy doing in my free time. But, none of this beats the Uni life. Bring on September, I miss the University lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home