ON AIR!

Monday, June 11, 2007

3 Adiscombe Close - The First Week

So the first week living in my new home draws to a close. It's been pretty good. Have had plenty of company with Chris, Pete, Aoife and Siobhaun popping in and out too. We've also gotten a fair few things out of the way and done with. However there are still lots of things over the horizon that need sorting. Contents insurance, TV Licenses, Dishwasher Repairs, Rent, Bills and a Job to pay for them all.

As you can no doubt tell at this point, we do indeed have Internet. It was installed on Friday and the Router arrived this morning along with the new desk for my computer to sit on in my room. Suffice to say, the one that I used briefly before hand yesterday was bollocks. This was confirmed when me and Pete were trying to move it from my room to the front bedroom downstairs so the newly-built desk could go in. It fell apart. I'm lucky it didn't fall apart WHILST my computer was on it. But now I have a sturdier, totally sexual desk with a glass panel which serves no purpose beyond aesthetics.

Me and Pete finished off the Lounge on Sunday afternoon, neatening up the surround sound so we get high-quality audio coming from the Radio as well as the TV, including the video games and movies that go through it. Speaking of video games, we have plenty of consoles to keep us going, but not nearly enough games to justify them all. I have contributed my PS1, Chris his PS2 and Pete his Gamecube, although Pete does also have an N64, SNES and a NES tucked away in his wardrobe. I will coax these out of his room soon enough. Retro gaming all the way!

The furniture in the lounge isn't bad either. We have a coffee table and seating for five with some very comfy leather sofas, and suitable storage for DVD's, Music and the like. Pete's also brought his 26" TV along, which is, in a word, sweet.

But enough of the material! What of the housemates? Good company. I get lonely when nobody else is in, which fortunately has only been twice so far. Abandonment issues if you will. Last time I was alone I went for a walk round the area, but I hope I can chat to Danielle, Fflur and the other girls who live practically round the corner so I get visiting privileges. They're more than welcome here anytime. Aoife too has indeed been a good housemate albeit temporary, she makes herself useful, is a laugh and more importantly, keeps Chris in line without me having to resort to violence. Well, not much.

Siobhaun has been here frequently too to visit Pete also. It'd be like I was a fifth wheel all over again, but I'm not. Sure I might roll my eyes and groan when they get all mushy and romantic, but they're all my mates. And you know what they say about friends being the family of the 21st century. It means I can take comfort in the fact they're all incestuous pigs.

*snigger*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home