ON AIR!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Busiest and/or Worst Week of my Life

As some of you may or may not know, I have recently searching for a house in which to live during my 2nd and hopefully my 3rd year of University. I did originally find a property in North-West Harrow with my housemates which we came very close to moving into, only to have it fall though (not literally) due to an issue concerning a crack in the conservatory wall caused by subsidence. The insurance claim had already been made with an insurance company that wouldn't accept students, and thanks to a little thing called 'the law' once a claim has been made, it cannot be cancelled. Suffice to say myself and my housemates-to-be were gutted, as were the landlords and estate agents who we'd all met and who'd taken a shine to us. But, that's life I suppose.

So on Tuesday morning of last week I woke up with a mega-hangover (still a little drunk at first I admit) and the news of losing my house. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday were spent looking for and finding a house, in which much bickering did occur between myself, Phil, Chris and Pete - and concern that we might be left without a roof over our heads, all of this caused by the immense hangover left over from the night before.

Now, I don't remember a lot of Monday night, but what I do know is this. At some point or another, after crossing the boundaries of beer no longer making me any more pissed than I already was, I moved onto drinking Vodka Redbull, which I am ashamed to admit I was drunk enough to drop on my chair between my legs, missing my crotch thankfully, but giving me a moist bum and thighs. It was soon after this, Cenay Said arrived at our table, armed with her shot belt laced with Sambuka. Now, Cenay is a very attractive and very sweet girl. You just want to give her a cuddle every time you see her. I was drunk enough to piece together a logical plan with the help of Peter, to keep her at the table, looking pretty. Buy shots. I bought Sambuka. It is at this point, that it becomes very difficult to tell you what happened on Monday night. My friends tell me, that they had difficulty getting me to bed, and when they finally did, I ran at them to close my door... naked.

Thursday was spent packing my things up and delivering them home in a round trip to Cambridge for brief storage, before having to get back to London in time to meet my Radio Lecturer and the Smoke Radio Team in central London for a meeting at 6:30. Suffice to say I was late, but luckily didn't miss anything too important. We then went on to dinner at Pizza Hut, before popping back to Halls of Residence briefly to get some warm clothes, then go back into Central London with Hannah Menzies and her lot to celebrate her 20th Birthday. At some point she got drunk enough to think herself a Jedi Knight. May the Force be with her, always.

Friday was spent cleaning and partying into the early hours to wrap up my year in halls and my first year at Uni, followed by 2 hours sleep and a tube journey to Kings Cross on the Saturday, with four bags of possessions for my train home to Cambridge. You always know a party was good when the Police and Fire Service turn up, which they did. When I got to Cambridge, the station was the busiest I have ever seen it, as it was Strawberry Fair on Saturday - the annual arts, crafts and music festival that draws an audience of chavs, goths, hippies, punks, families, students and other sorts to get pissed in the name of Summer. A second exit from the station was set up, where Police from the British Transport Police funneled several hundred people through two metal detectors and past a sniffer dog in what they called 'part of an anti-knife campaign' when blatantly they were there to stop people skipping train fairs and bringing drugs into Cambridge.

But now, as I will be moving into my new home (fingers crossed) within a couple of days time, it may well take a fair while to get the Internet up-and-running in my new home. So, as of next week, if all goes to plan, I will not be around to blog, facebook, or surf the net in general for a while. So if you have any messages, email, comment or facebook me. In the mean time, I intend to get as much rest as possible, ready for the big move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home