ON AIR!

Monday, August 13, 2007

One month to go as a teenager.

So it has come to this. I have exactly one month (31 days) left to be a teenager before I hit the big 20. Two decades of life. Twenty years old. Sounds scary. Some people have only just reached 19 and it makes me slightly envious. It shouldn't but it doesn't. With 20 years there seems to loom greater responsibility and a need for maturity. It doesn't sound very fun if you ask me.

But then I suppose I have matured a lot this Summer, having to take responsibility for myself properly for the first time. Paying for a house, bills, food, and working for the money to pay for said things. But hopefully when University starts again I can tap off my inner-child a little more, or at least throw some responsibility to the wind as I get horribly, horribly pissed.

But some people see 21 years old as a landmark, does this mean I have another year to go until I have to start worrying? Much in the same way Dave Gorman claims you're a grown up at 32, not 31? These are all things that spring to mind.

But the main thing that springs to mind, is how should I celebrate? I hope a lot of people will be back in Harrow in time for my birthday, and that some of my friends from home could come up for any celebrations that may occur. Failing that, that I can go home for a few days over or around my birthday to celebrate. We shall see how things go I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home