ON AIR!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Basement Jaxx @ Fabric

Jesus Christ, am I knackered or what? I was in central London last night until about 3am before getting a cab and arriving back on Campus by 4am, having gone to the club 'Fabric' to see Basement Jaxx (or at least two of them). It was most certainly an interesting experience seeing how I had never been clubbing before but it was an experience none the less.

The night started pretty much in Flat 68 at about 9pm, where I joined Phil, Charlotte and Danielle as they were getting ready - me and Phil being on hand to give our opinions on outfits etc. We had some vodka in various other fruity drinks to get the mentality set for the evening before heading down to Flat 72 to join Tallie, Mel, Bernie, Spud and the rest of the party animals - the majority of whom I had never really met before. We set off a little bit later than anticipated, but I wasn't terribly bothered because either way we would still get there well on time.

At the tube station we managed to bump into a load of other people also bound for Fabric, including Chris Mercer and Co. who were going out to celebrate Libby's birthday, so Happy Birthday again to her! I bumped into her later on in the club and we exchanged a few brief words through the pounding baselines. The tube journey was relatively uneventful except for one of our party urinating in the next carriage, and then arriving at Farringdon tube station with the majority of the females in our party busting for the loo. Suffice to say their wasn't a ladies' available as it was out of order, so we all ended up cramming into the men's loo. Nothing reduces the flow like a crowd of women laughing behind you, I had to wait until I was in the bar before I could go properly! Ah, the memories. I shall hold onto them dearly, lol. We also bumped into Will Hewson in the station, who had arranged (presumably) to meet Bernie there. He wasn't enjoying standing in the cold, but then again - none of us were.

We were greeted by drug dealers outside the station, who by the sounds of it could offer every drug under the sun. Pills, tonics, ointments and new Nellllllson Mandela's, Ecstacy Tablets. 'Let us get Munted'. God I love Harry Enfield. Suffice to say me and Phil declined, but Phil used his Bristol charm to befriend the dealer and once more we were returned to an equilibrium in which the possibility of being stabbed was both null and void. We got some cash from a cashpoint, grabbed a few drinks at a bar before realising we were running late to Fabric. Fortunately there were no queues, so we were in pretty quickly thanks to the efficient door staff.

So, initial impressions. Having never been to a club before, I was fairly intrigued, and it's hard to describe if you've never been to a club before. There are lots of little dark corners for dark deeds, but naturally the real fun was to be had amongst the lights, crowds and music. I we can safely call it 'mental'. After getting a traditionally over-priced drink from the Club's bar for Danielle (a legend I might add), whom I owed money for paying for our ticket that night, we headed for the dance floor. We danced quite a fair bit. It was mental and its at this point the memory gets a little hazy around the edges as the alcohol kicked in.

At about 2am Danielle wasn't feeling too good, bless her, so we got ourselves together to look after her and grabbed a Taxi back to halls at about 3am. We stumbled back into Halls at about 4am and wound down for the evening. All in all, a good night. Clubbing might not be the first thing I would choose to do of an evening, but last night was certainly a fun experience I won't soon forget. After all, I got free stuff!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home