ON AIR!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Up yours, Digital Village...

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

Ooh I feel good right now. I have finally exacted my revenge on the enemy. I have now totally 'Zinged'* Digital Village. I shall share with you my tale of vengeance, in the hope that someday, maybe you will share my joy at the expense of the infinitely incompetent Digital Village. Give me my sweet, sweet Virgin (formerly NTL, then NTL:Telewest) Broadband any day.

Now, as it happens, I had been using the Internet a fair bit directly at the end of the Jan-April Semester at University, and as such had exceeded my 500MB download limit several days in a row. However, I didn't learn of this, until I was back in Cambridge...

Subject: Excess Use of Network
From: Digital Village
Date: 07/04/2007 04:01
To: Stewart Paske

Dear Stewart Paske,

Despite repeated warnings you have continued to exceed the daily usage limit of 500MB as referred to in our Terms and Conditions. As advised in our previous email your account has unfortunately been restricted with immediate effect.


Should you have any queries regarding this email, please contact Customer Services


Regards

Digital Village



Now obviously I was a tad annoyed, however, being at home on my ultra-speedy Virgin Broadband connection, I was for the most part unphased by the email. I knew it would only prove to be a problem if the limit had not been lifted before I returned to University at the end of the Easter Holiday. But, today, I received this email...

Subject: Excess Use of Network
From: Digital Village
Date: 13/04/2007 04:02
To: Stewart Paske

Dear Stewart Paske,

On the 08-Apr-2007 your account was restricted to 56k (Dialup Speed), this restriction has now been lifted.

You can login to digital village to view your account history, the current session page gives you all the information you need to manage your account usage.

If you exceed these limits on a regular basis, we may be forced to suspend your account.

Should you have any queries regarding this email, please contact Customer Services


Regards

Digital Village



As such, I have totally and completely missed out on their little punishment in it's entirety. I have suffered enough Digital Village. This time, this time your bandwidth-thieving hands can't touch me!

Up yours, Digital Village!


*Zinged - To get one over on someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home