ON AIR!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Not quite a week later...

If anyone still reads this or is perhaps insane enough to get an RSS link to this thing, perhaps now is the time to let you know that, actually, I am still alive. Sorry for not telling you sooner! I have just been busy over these past four months. Working on essays, putting together features, websites, drinking, chilling, eating and finances. The University lifestyle is kind of demanding, though there is plenty of free time, I just haven't spent any of it blogging. It has been a busy beginning to what is turning out to be a rather good year.

On an observational level, Global Warming seems to have done it's part in providing us with unseasonably hot weather for this time of year, which is slightly worrying. But if the world is going to end in a hellish fireball of DOOM, the weather might as well be nice for it.

It pains me to say it, but 2007 does indeed bring me into another year of being just another fish in the sea with no big cuddly warm net to dive into before being dragged away in my own little love boat. However, whilst the loving companionship of a woman seems a little far off, at least I have my good chums about me to keep me merry, drunk and for the most part, happy with existence. A big thank you to them for maintaining my sanity.

At this precise moment in time however, I am at home in the land that is Cambridge, enjoying a nice Easter Holiday, with chocolate, financial security, and my parents buying the vast majority of my drinks from our local pub, The Tree. I have a few dates of potential work lined up at my former workplace, the Spar in my village, but I am yet to say I am available. I should probably take all the hours offered, but I am horrifically lazy. Also, some of said shifts start in the morning. THE MORNING! *shudders* I would much rather spend a morning in bed.

I have been to at least one party already though, which was a bit questionable to say the least. It's a wonder nobody was locked up. The theme of the party was Bad Taste. I was dressed as a member of the Ku Klux Klan, my friend Stephen 'blacked up' in the guise of a Minstrel, and there are lots of pictures of us grinning like idiots at the camera, albeit me through a white hood fashioned from the napkin I stole from the Indian restaurant earlier that evening. Now there's a story for the grandchildren.

I think that just about wraps it up for this installment, but I will at least try to try to keep up with Steven in terms of blogospheric regularity!

Stoob. x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home