ON AIR!

Friday, October 27, 2006

'The Late Edition' with Marcus Brigstocke.

Last night was a laugh. I may have mentioned I had tickets from the BBC to go and see 'The Late Edition', hosted by Marcus Brigstocke and produced by Bill Dare, who is known for his work on Little Britain. I went last night and it was a good, cheap and an all round fun night out.

I went with Dave, Emma and Sam and it was a kinda last-minute arrangement because Olivia dropped out, as did Alec who had tickets for a gig in Nottingham. But Dave, Emma and Sam were greatful for the opportunity and are interested in coming with me to see Never Mind the Buzzcocks as, when and if I get the tickets. I am also invited to their 'Harroween' party on Saturday which I may just attend.

Back to last night though, we hopped on the tube at Northwick Park about eight o'clock and were quite punctual in our arrival at White City at 8:30. We were in the building soon enough once Dave had had his penknife keyring thing confiscated and put to one side for collection on his way out. I was suprised I didn't set off the metal detector with my belt buckle, but then I suppose it only goes off when so much metal is detected. So all a terrorist would need is plastic explosives. The beeb REALLY aught to tighten its security.

I've been to the Beeb before so the surroundings and proceedings were all pretty familiar to me. Though I didn't notice their WHSmiths before or their hairdressers and dry cleaners. Which I suppose is quite handy to have on site with all the various personnel. I might arrange to go on the studio tour one day.

But once in the studio, we were suprised to discover that The Late Edition goes out live, which was exciting and disappointing in it's own ways. Exciting because it was live, but disappointing because it meant we'd only be there for just over half an hour. No where near as hilarious as a recording of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but still amusing. We left, having had a good time, but wanting more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home