ON AIR!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pub Quiz Victory and the Imminent Regret

I was out Sunday night. Went down to the Undercroft, the student union bar, with my mate Chris. I admit it wasn't brimming over with excitement when we first got there. Me and Chris are hardly two of the most exciting individuals in the world when left to our own devices. But it was when Dave, Kate and Emma arrived that we reached the holy grail of five people. Now you may not know this, but five makes for a full Pub Quiz team. We entered, we won, we conquered.

The Quiz consisted of 6 categories, these were: Geography, General Knowledge, Music, History, Science & Nature and Guess the Simpsons celebrity guest, where you had to say which celebrity was being depicted as a Simpsons character (eg. Leonard Nimoy, Tom Jones, Barry White etc.) Suffice to say we achieved a whopping 51 out of 61, beating the second team by a point. We won £25 as a team, which made for a fiver for each of us.

Now, this isn't the end of the story. However it does get a little bit vague after this point. All I can say is that Dave's flat was involved, as was a bottle of Vodka. Having been merry already from the beer, the Vodka mopped the floor with me.

I woke up Monday morning at about 11am, with the waste paperbasket beside my pillow. I had made it back to my flat, vomited in the bin - atop the broken glass I had created when re-arranging my room and passed out on my bed. I think it's important I mention now I didn't make it to lectures that day. Nor did I eat much until about 6pm once my body had stopped rejecting everything I tried to consume.

But hey, I was a fiver richer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home